FLSA Status: Fulltime, Non-Exempt
* Tasks in italics are those the employee should be able to do immediately. The employee would be trained on the other tasks.
The Administrative Assistant will perform customer support and administrative functions at the offices of K.E. Bergeron Mechanical Systems, LLC (KEBMS).
In addition to completing daily administrative tasks, this employee will be the company’s primary point of contact for customer inquiries. He/she may work with customers in person, over the phone or via computer. He/she will work with suppliers and technicians to obtain information needed to accurately process warranty returns, receive, and inventory stock, and coordinate vehicle service logs and maintenance. Hours of work: 7 am – 4 pm. One hour for lunch.
He/she will adhere to KEBMS LLC code of ethics and best practices, operate within the company’s quality systems and in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephones; take messages and/or transfer calls;
- Assist walk-in customers;
- Update customers on the date and time of their service appointments;
- Receive and track inventory and, when advised by managers, order the shipment of materials and equipment;
- Organize mail and distribute to appropriate people;
- Perform various office tasks, which may include scanning paper files (digitizing) and organizing/storing said files on the companies server, filing, photocopying and shredding;
- Register new equipment installation with the appropriate manufacturer;
- Generate Service Agreements for existing/new residential and commercial customers as needed.
- Maintain service agreement list, research and close out invoices;
- Warranty register new equipment installation with the appropriate manufacturer;
- Perform warranty parts credit research, apply for and follow up on warranty credits with distributors;
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the company;
- Assist with special projects;
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned
To perform this job competently, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty, described above. The knowledge, skill and abilities listed below are representative of the requirements for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good communication and listening skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with all levels of customers and with internal employees
- Strong organization skills; ability to multitask
- Ability to maintain a courteous, friendly, positive demeanor with others
- Driven to achieve exemplary customer satisfaction
- An aptitude for learning the technical aspects of the HVAC industry and a willingness to learn how HVAC products are used in customer applications
- Previous experience in office administration or equivalent with one year of demonstrated effective customer service experience in a business environment, service industry preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office applications software or similar integrated software system, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Ability and willingness to learn and become proficient with new software tools
- Ability to use a calculator, telephone, and copier
Education and Experience:
A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred; bachelor’s degree is a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers, before groups of people or employees of the company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There is frequent use of the fingers to write, input data into a computer system, and handle paperwork. There is frequent communication involving both speaking and listening in person and over the telephone. Heavy lifting is not required. There may be a need for the employee to lift or move an object weighing as much as but no more than 20 pounds.
This is a fulltime, non-exempt job. The employee is expected to work an average of 40 hours per week (2080 hours per year). Dates and times of work are dependent on operational needs.
What we offer:
- Medical Insurance — we pay 100% for you and your family’s medical insurance
- State-of-the-art office technology
- Company profit-sharing plan
- A family. This is last on the list because it’s most important. We care about our team and expect you to bring that same care when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company and you’ll build life-long friendships.
Learn more about us
If you would like to be part of something bigger than just a job, make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by our team, our customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company. If this sounds like you, spend a little time learning about K.E. Bergeron Mechanical Systems by visiting www.kebms.com.
Please email your confidential resume to Barbara at email@example.com, and please email her with any questions regarding this position.
How Did We Do?
Thank you so much for your business and support. Our #1 goal is to always exceed your expectations with our world class service. Please consider leaving us a review.