Position: HVAC Technician
Reports to: Kim E. Bergeron
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The HVAC Technician installs, diagnoses and repairs heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems for the customers of K.E. Bergeron Mechanical Systems, LLC (KEBMS LLC). The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with DDC controls, packaged rooftop HVAC units, and ductless split systems. This position leads clients to informed and confident buying decisions by providing extraordinary customer experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives service calls, creates entries in company’s service software and dispatches/schedules the jobs
- Travels to homes and businesses daily as scheduled
- Responds to customer requests for repair service, troubleshoots and discusses system malfunctions with users
- Tests systems to isolate problems and determine solutions, such as where adjustments and/or repairs are required
- On routine maintenance calls, inspects systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and to detect malfunctions in system component parts. Reports any system deficiencies verbally or via written communication with one of the KEBMS managers
- Installs HVAC and Gas Piping systems as directed
- Follows up with customers to verify that malfunctions have been corrected and customer expectations have been met
- Prepares repair and replacement estimates in company’s service software
- Follows up on repair and replacement estimates with customers
- When notified through KEBMS service software or by management of approved
estimates/ orders, the HVAC technician documents and then tracks material
orders on the companies Google Platform. He/she directly communicates the
status of orders and timing of jobs with his/her manager
- Directs co-workers on team jobs including coordinating the day before to be sure all material and equipment is received, in good working order and loaded for the following days’ work
- Prepares preventative maintenance contracts for HVAC systems to increase longevity
- Completes paperwork as outlined in the Company’s operating procedures
- Keeps all applicable licenses current through training and testing
- Other duties as assigned (i.e., warehouse organization, material stocking, ordering parts, maintaining work vehicles, etc.).
To perform this job competently, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty, described above. The knowledge, skill and abilities listed below are representative of the requirements for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
Minimum 2 years’ + experience as an HVAC Technician
- Understands system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components such as motors, pumps, fans, switches, ducts, or pipes
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex HVAC issues with customers in a way they understand
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills
- Proficient knowledge in computer skills: MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Ability to work flexible hours, which includes being available as needed and participating in an on-call service response rotation
Education and Experience:
Certificate of completion of technical training. Five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Universal EPA Refrigerant certified
Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certificate
Current State of New Hampshire Gas Fitters License (STN, STP)
Current State of VT, Department of Safety Propane/Natural Gas Installer License.
Current TracPipe Certificate of Training
Valid State of NH Driver’s License
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers, before groups of people or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance on ladders and work on rooftops. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; stoop and kneel. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee must, on occasion, lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There will be some exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles.
Employees will have to tolerate outdoor weather conditions. The noise level is moderate.
Employees are expected to commit to safe workplaces practices, including adherence to the company’s protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic.
KEBMS is an equal opportunity employer.
What we offer:
- Our top performers are among the highest paid technicians in the area. You’ll have unlimited earning potential
- Company supplied, new and safe, climate-controlled van
- Medical Insurance — we pay 50% for you
- New technology, including iPhone, iPad & access to integrated software
- State of the art tools, parts and supplies
- Company profit-sharing plan
- A family. This is last on the list because it’s most important. We care about our team and expect you to bring that same care when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company and you’ll build life-long friendships.
Learn more about us
If you would like to be part of something bigger than just a job, make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by our team, our customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company. If this sounds like you, spend a little time learning about K.E. Bergeron Mechanical Systems by visiting www.kebms.com.
Please email your confidential resume to Barbara at email@example.com, and please email her with any questions regarding this position.